Mumbai, September 17, 2012: L’Oréal Professionnel today partnered with the incomparable fashion designer JJ Valaya to create a distinctive blend of couture fashion and hairstyling at the Grand Finale Show of the India Bridal Fashion Week 2012. The modern yet traditional, distinctive and stunning hairstyles were especially created by the L’Oréal Professionnel Dream Team to compliment the stunning creations by JJ Valaya inspired by turkey; and added the finishing touch to his vision of the perfect Indian Bride.
Seen walking the ramp personifying these dazzling creations by Mr. Valaya and the L’Oreal Professionnel Dream team were Ankit Shorey, Nethra Raghuraman, Shonal Rawat, Bikram Saluja, DJ Aqeel, Narendra Ahmed, Rochelle Rao, Prachi Mishra and the show stopper Nargis Fakri.
Partnering with the unique creations of JJ Valaya, the L’Oréal Professionnel Dream Team with unrivalled hair expertise has created breathtaking hair up-dos for the Indian Bride but with an international, fashion forward twist. The L’Oréal Professionnel Dream Team consists of the most talented hairstylists in India that have been trained in styling, colouring and latest hair sculpting techniques by the best in the world. With the help of L’Oréal Professionnel’s unique range of products, each stylist has helped create a unique and exclusive look for the discerning Indian bride that compliment the inimitable style of the JJ Valaya.
Says Aseem Kaushik, Director, Professionnel Products Division, L’Oréal India; “L’Oréal Professionnel is the Parisian house of hair dressing and our heart beats to the rhythm of fashion. Just like couture designers, our professional hair designers work on the fabric of hair to create beautiful, inspiring styles that are renowned world over. The association with JJ Valaya – one of the leading Haute Couture designers, we take this idea of ‘couture hair’ forward”
The Dream Team of hair stylists who’ve worked together to create hair styles for the show are
- Carole Robequin, Jean – Claude Biguine India – With over 27 years of experience in hairstyling as a colorist, Carole, for the last 8 years, has been sharing her expertise through training hairdressers and building strong creative teams, and is often called upon for fashion shoots of various Indian magazines.
- Raman Bhardwaj, A.N John Salons – One of the members of the prestigious Haute Coiffure Française and a senior member of the L’Oréal Professionnel Dream Team, Raman has worked on hairstyles for the Kingfisher Calendar Girls in 2007. With 14 yrs of hair styling experience, he is known for his exotic and breathtaking work.
- Akshata Honawar, Creative Director, Runah Salon, Mumbai – Member of the prestigious Haute Coiffure Francaise, and the L’Oréal Professionnel Dream Team, Akshata is a part of the team that presented the beautiful ‘India Show’ at HCF Paris in 2011. She has been a part of the Creative Hairdressers’ Forum (CHF) for the last two years and has brought her expertise into styling for the recent Fashion Week in Mumbai and for many magazine photoshoots.
- VIPUL CHUDASAMA – Ex creative head of Enrich , vipul makes sure he outdoes himself with every single assignment he undertakes be it his client or a beauty/fashion shoots. At Enrich he was actively involved in the Enrich management and development of quality hairstylists.
- DHRUV ABHICHANDANI – After a couple of years of teaching at the L’oreal Academy dhruv had an internal desire to expose himself on the salon floor and deal with clients. He decided to join his mother as an art director at Drama. His goal is to educate team DRAMA on the latest trends, fashion and open their minds to great hairdressing
- SACHIN DAKOJI – In the last 18 years Sachin has been passionate a single issue: making people look beautiful which he successful achieves through his 3 salons in Hyderabad and Vijayawada
- Zenobia Mody, Creative Director, Kromakay Salon, Mumbai – Fifteen years in the makeup and hair industry have seen Zenobia dabbling in celebrity hairstyling for leading magazines and various commercial campaigns. Over the years she has entered and won many competitions in the Hair Dressing business.
The bride is THE most important person in a wedding. Understanding that she expects only perfection on her big day, the L’Oreal Professionnel team experts constantly evolve and innovate their hair styling techniques and products in order to help her achieve her dream of being the most perfect and gorgeous bride ever. Therefore partnering with the master of bridal couture JJ Valaya to create contemporary bridal hair designs goes a long way in this constant endeavor for these hairdressing experts.