- A.O. Smith plant expansion to be complete one year ahead of original schedule
- Capacity required to meet rising demand and to expand the India product range of innovative water heating solutions
- With the completion of the plant expansion , over 95% of A.O. Smith water heaters for the India market will be manufactured in India
Bengaluru-A. O. Smith, the global leader in manufacturing innovative water heating solutions through 16 facilities around the world, is the first global manufacturer to invest in producing glass-lined water heaters in India.
The Bengaluru plant opened in 2010, spread over 76,000 square feet. A. O. Smith is now in the process of a plant expansion to meet the rising demand by adding an additional 150,000 square feet by June 2013. In the upcoming year, A. O. Smith will add capacity to expand its India product range of innovative water heating solutions and meet growing demand. Today A. O. Smith produces 85 percent of its India product range in India with the other 15 percent of innovative products imported from Europe, the U.S. and China. With the expansion, A. O. Smith expects to produce 95 percent of its India product range locally.
Mr. Tamal Chaudhuri, Managing Director, A. O. Smith India Water Heating Private Limited said, “A. O. Smith has a long standing tradition of delivering unique value propositions for our customers in the global markets we serve…India is no different. When A. O. Smith first entered India with our breakthrough innovation – Blue Diamond™ glass lined water heaters with our ColourMatch System™, and glass coated elements–the Indian market was hugely dependent on stainless steel and copper water heaters…..Today, A. O. Smith glass lined water heaters have become the market standard”
Mr. Tamal Chaudhuri further added, “With the increasing demand for quality water heaters and premium services, A. O. Smith is planning to add capacity in India to expand its India product range of innovative water heating solutions. In June 2013, A. O. Smith will complete its expansion by adding an addition of 150,000 square feet to its existing Bangalore facility thus enabling 95 percent of our India product range to be manufactured locally.”A. O. Smith, a $1.7 billion company listed on the New York Stock Exchange is the number one supplier of water heaters across the U.S. and marked the beginning of a new era in India in 2010 with the opening of the company’s water heater plant across 20 acres in India.
A. O. Smith entered the Indian water heater market in July 2008 by establishing distribution in 10 key markets and setting up a distribution agreement with Jaquar which sells a high end A. O. Smith/Jaquar branded solution. Today, A. O. Smith is has over 2,000 sales outlets and is in the process of expanding throughout India
A.O Smith Features:
- A.O. Smith committed to expanding its manufacturing footprint and distribution in India to meet growing demand
- Innovative residential and commercial water heating solutions getting noticed in India
- More innovative water heater solutions by A. O. Smith to be announced in the near future
About A. O. Smith
A. O. Smith is a $1.7 billion (U.S.) manufacturer headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis. The company markets an extensive line of residential and commercial water heaters and boilers and has manufacturing operations in the United States, Mexico, China, Canada, India, and the Netherlands.